Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Avocado-Coconut Ice Cream

My parents LOVE avocado! They love avocado snow bubble with pearls from Tapioca Express and they always ask me to go buy it for them. Anyways, we have an avocado tree in our backyard and it took at least 10 years before it started growing. We were so excited to see more than one growing on our tree. I think there's a total of 4-5 that's growing and here are the two that we picked out. They're HUGE!


After picking the avocado, we put them in our rice dispenser to ripen faster. It kind of worked, but not really. The avocado isn't as ripe as we wanted it to be, but I figured that since we're blending it and using coconut, it should be okay. So since I got my ice cream maker they have been asking me to make avocado ice cream and I found a recipe on youtube, but it's avocado-coconut flavor.


Here is the final result of the ice cream in the making. I like taking a picture of the ice cream like this because it's amazing how it works! Here's the recipe!

Recipe:

1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1 lemon

1. In a blender mix all of the ingredients
2. Chill in the refrigerator
3. Put into the ice cream maker

Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment