Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cuisinart

For my birthday, my sister and her family bought me an ice cream maker! There was this one time where I made ice cream without an ice cream maker and I guess they decided to just get me one. It made me laugh and smile so big when I got it in the mail. Anyways, this is the first recipe that I tried, salted caramel. I wanted to make gelato, but the consistency was more of an ice cream so I have to retry it. This is my third attempt to make it because I'm so impatient. You have to freeze the bowl for about 16-20 hours and I only froze it for 2...yes I'm impatient, but I left it in the freezer over night and it worked!




It's so cool to watch! It tastes good! Not to sweet and you can slightly taste the caramel and I didn't put enough sea salt because it was in this crusher that took too long to crush so I only put a little.

Recipe:

4 Egg yolks
1/2 Sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup of caramel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt

1. Heat the heavy cream, whole milk and vanilla extract on low.
2. Mix the sugar and yolk until pale yellow
3. Add the cream little by little into the eggs and sugar so that the eggs don't over cook
4. Mix it all in
5. Strain the mixture back into the pot for a couple minutes
6. Put in refrigerator to chill

No comments:

Post a Comment